Shuck and Jive


Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Moderator of PC(USA) in Kingsport

Moderator of the Presbyterian Church (USA), Rev. Joan Gray, will be in Kingsport, Wednesday, March 5th at Waverly Road Presbyterian Church. She will share her thoughts about the future of our denomination. Everyone is invited to gather in the Sanctuary from 6:30-7:15 p.m.



I don't think I have ever seen a moderator up close. I don't get around much. I like her. She has a kind face. I bet she is glad to be nearly finished with that role.






6 comments:

  1. I'll bet you get around more than you let on big guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once attended a service in which Fahed abu-Akel was guest preaching while he was still moderator. It was a cool experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I met Jack Rogers at GA just after his election. He was a great guy, and his wife had cookies and lemonade for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't both Fahed and Joan from Atlanta?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to get around, but my around got up and went...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, both hail from the largest presbytery in the denomination!

    (Fahed is actually from the West Bank and tells a funny story about how NPR mistakenly identified him as a Muslim cleric at a MLK Day event)

    ReplyDelete