Shuck and Jive


Tuesday, June 30, 2015

No Gays Allowed

An owner of a hardware store in Grainger County, Tennessee decided to stick to his beliefs such as they are.  Jeff Amyx, who also happens to be a Baptist minister put up a sign in his store window that says, "No Gays Allowed."


This is a result of the supreme court decision on marriage:
"They gladly stand for what they believe in, why can't I?" Amyx told WBIR. "They believe their way is right, I believe it's wrong. But yet I'm going to take more persecution than them because I'm standing for what I believe in." Amyx said he has no plans to take the sign down.
Persecution.  Really?

Actually, the correct word is prejudice and it's the same as it has always been.  

Mr. Amyx might want to take a lesson from the Berenstain Bears...


It's not nice to exclude. Reminding you of your manners is not persecution.

1 comment:

  1. Made me smile, John. Years ago I got in change a dollar bill with a rubber stamp on it that said, "Lesbian Money". Until then I didn't realize that ....

    ReplyDelete