Shuck and Jive


Saturday, December 24, 2011

I Will Light Candles This Christmas

Merry Christmas, Beloveds.

Where ever  you may be this holiday I wish for you deep peace and joy.  

If you are in the area, I invite you tonight to participate in our Christmas Eve service at ten p.m.  We will have candlelighting, music, dance, poetry, and story.   We will take an offering to be divided between the Shepherd's Inn, Food for the Multitude, Community Day Care, and Assistance and Resource Ministries. 

On Sunday, Christmas Day, join us for worship at 11 a.m.  We begin the via creativa with a ritual to embody the Light! 

If Christmas finds you in a time of unease in mind, body, spirit, or relationship, I light my candle for you. 
  


I Will Light Candles This Christmas

Candles of joy, despite all sadness,
Candles of hope where despair keeps watch.
Candles of courage for fears ever present,
Candles of peace for tempest-tossed days,
Candles of grace to ease heavy burdens,
Candles of love to inspire all my living,
Candles that will burn all the year long.
--Howard Thurman, The Mood of Christmas

1 comment:

  1. Love that Howard Thurman verse!

    How about also:

    Candles of Creativity...

    We could have fun playing with this a little. I doubt HT would be offended...

    All best wishes to you & all the Beloveds.

    ReplyDelete