Shuck and Jive


Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Furtherance of Evolution and Anything Homosexual

Here is an email I received today.  It has been a while since I received a nice one like this.  The anonymous author wanted me to share it with my congregation.  Here you go...
Pastor Shuck,
I have been looking at your church’s website and am very disappointed to learn there is such a church in the Tri-cities area.  The main things on your page seem to be the furtherance of the theory of evolution and anything homosexual.  If homosexuality is the norm, there would be no human race at all.  Marriage is meant to be between a man and a woman.  Of course, I understand that the PCUSA does not believe all of the Bible, but only picks and chooses what to believe.  Nothing has changed, and the Old and New Testaments still stand in their entirety.  You, as the pastor, will have to answer for the apostasy you are teaching in your church.  That’s in the Bible too, that the one who leads others into sinning will be punished much more severely.
Read your Bible, Pastor Shuck, if you believe in the Bible. It was the Word of God when it was written and it is still the word of God.  God is watching you and your church.

I am an elder in a tri-cities PCA church, and I am writing this of my own free will and volition.  No one in my church knows of it.  I would hope you would be intelligent enough, with your extensive education and experience, to see the truth and get away from all this apostate teaching in the PCUSA.

Please feel free to share this letter with your officers and congregation.  I sincerely doubt that you have the courage to do so, but I urge it of you.  Share it at least with your session and deaconate.

Signed,
Christian 
Okey, fine.  I need to get back to work.  Evolution and anything homosexual need furthering.


5 comments:

  1. Wow, I could see why this was so important to share. Especially the part of marriage between a man and a woman. Seems as while this Christian was ravishing through the bible picking out that one component about marriage, he/she failed to site the rest of the marriage component. Let me help. In fact, there were a variety of unions and family configurations that were permissible in the cultures that produced the Bible, and these ranged from monogamy (Titus 1:6) to those where rape victims were forced to marry their rapist (Deuteronomy 22:28-29) and to those Levirate marriage commands obligating a man to marry his brother’s widow regardless of the living brother’s marital status (Deuteronomy 25:5-10; Genesis 38; Ruth 2-4). Others insisted that celibacy was the preferred option (1 Corinthians 7:8; 28). In fact, during a discussion of marriage in Matthew 19:12, Jesus even encourages those who can to castrate themselves “for the kingdom” and live a life of celibacy.

    Ezra 10:2-11 forbids interracial marriage and orders those people of God who already had foreign wives to divorce them immediately.
    I am sure I could keep going. But what do I know, I'm just a sinner that adores that little church you preach in. Again, thanks for sharing such an uplifting article from such an admirable christian.

    I'm a believer and a supporter of all people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whether "d03940d2-12ea..." likes it or not, and no matter how much he or she tries to "get out from under" clear teaching on the subject, let's face it. Your church, your denomination and your position have no legitimate answer to the appearance in both Testaments of verses calling the practice of homosexuality a sin that will take its practitioners to hell. Essentially you have to cherry pick your verses to avoid the implications of those "dreaded homophobic" statements in the Bible, but this practice totally lacks logic. How do you know the verses you keep are the right ones - once you open the door to discarding the doubtful or questionable ones? You liberals try to maintain your air of intellectual superiority while you commit such grave errors in your logic? Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ho hum. If you don't like our church, there are plenty of others. Fundamentalist churches that bash gays are a dime a dozen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happened to my follow-up comment to your comment? Did it hit too close to home? You liberals are all alike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What came first? Your support of homosexuality or your daughter's lesbianism? I find it hard to fathom how a supposedly Christian pastor, whose denomination at one time embraced Reformation theology, can abandon "Sola Scriptura" so readily.

    ReplyDelete