Shuck and Jive


Friday, July 31, 2015

The Existential Jesus

Some smart aleck(s) want(s) to stump me with these questions for the BYOS (Bring Your Own Sermon) summer series.   Here they are:
  • You use the term Jesus ________???? ( Ask John what phrase he uses and fill it in.) What do you mean by that.
  • Please talk about Sartre, Camus and other existentialists (maybe Tillich, maybe not) and whether or not they have a strong kinship with Jesus and how some of that might be important to Southminster.
I think the first bullet point is about "the historical Jesus" and so I will talk about that.   The second bullet point is beyond my pay grade.  Thus, you get what you pay for.   But I will give it a go.    


Faced with these absurd questions I am in anguish.
"It was then I realized that you could either shoot or not shoot."
"There was no way out."   

No comments:

Post a Comment