April 22nd is Earth Day. We will celebrate Earth Day in worship. Join us at 11:00. We are in the season of via creativa (the way of creating) based on Creation Spirituality.
- Following worship, we will meet in the parking lot at 12:30 and carpool to Dennis Cove for an Earth Day hike. It is for all ages, non-strenuous. Should be a nice day. Here is the weather forecast. If you live in the area and are interested in our congregation, this Sunday would be a great day to check us out. Join us on the hike and get to meet some of our fine folks.
- If you are not up for a hike, but want to get into the rhythm of Earth Day, join our drumming circle! This Sunday afternoon from 1:30-3:30 in Martin Hall, our drumming circle will work on some new rhythms. If you have never drummed before, this is a great introduction. You don't even need a drum! One will be provided!
- Saturday at the Kingsport library's auditorium, there will be a free showing of The Great Warming. DemocracyNowTricities has the info. Lots of good information about events in and around the Tricities on DemocracyNowTricities.
We have a couple of new groups starting at First Pres. The Abwoon Study Circle will have its first gathering on Wednesday, April 25th at 7:15 in Martin Hall. Here is the information about that:
For 25 years people have been learning the Aramaic words of the Lord’s Prayer together expanding their understanding of the teachings of Jesus. The work originated with Saadi Neil Douglas Klotz, PhD in 1982. Attendance at all sessions invited by but not required.
An organizational meeting will be held, Wednesday, April 25th, 7:15 p.m.
Contact person: Rebecca Nunley
Phone: 423-743-5298 E-mail: email@example.com
Study Circle will conclude with the Aramaic Lord’s Prayer Dance Cycle On June 3
For more info: www.abwoon.com
- We have a Science and Spirit group that meets every third Sunday discussing articles in Science and Spirit magazine. This issue is about Stem-Cell Wars. It will meet this Sunday at 7 p.m.
- We are starting a new group, Spirituality and Art. This group will have no agenda except to meet, discuss, encourage, and delight in the connection between art and spirituality. An organizational meeting will follow worship on April 29th at 12:00.
If you would like more information about any of these groups or about this cool congregation that I have been fortunate enough to find, e-mail me!