Now that they are fair game,
- sheep without a shepherd,
- sinners without a hospital,
- and probably hefty donors without a congregation to which to give,
- I rarely say, "God damn America" from the pulpit. (At least I haven't been recorded as saying it).
- Ten former presidents have been Presbyterian. a whopping 23.8% (second only to the Episcopalians--but if you become Presbyterian, we would tie with the Episcopalians and knock them of their pedestal).
- The American Revolution was considered by King George III as that "Presbyterian Rebellion." Can't get more American than that.
- First Pres of Elizabethton is 225 years old, dating back to the Rebellion. Tennessee Presbyterians kicked some Anglican tail at King's Mountain.
- Like the Obamas, we have now taken that fightin' spirit and have turned it toward peacemaking.
- Like the Obamas, we work to alleviate hunger and make the world a better place.
- We are progressive and a More Light-CovNet congregation and like the Obamas believe in equal rights for lgbt people.
- We have an awesome nursery and children's ministry--we are a fun, safe place for the little Obamas.
- We will let you dress up.
- And when Heifer Project comes round again, you can join our ritual and kiss a llama, Obama.