Shuck and Jive


Friday, August 15, 2008

Davis Concedes and Decides Not to Pursue Election Challenge

David Davis decided today not to pursue challenging his defeat. Here is the story in the Knox Sentinel. He said:

But Davis said in a statement today that he has decided not to challenge the election results "even though I have the law on my side."

"I hope that I have made the point that the rule of law matters in America and that the voting rights of both parties should be protected," Davis said.

Hmmm. I wonder if his loss had anything to do with being ranked 430 out of 435 in terms of effectiveness?




4 comments:

  1. I knew he was ineffective, but I didn't know he was THAT bad. He should have been too embarrassed to even run again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean there are 5 US Reps who are even LESS effective than Davis?!?!? Oh. Dear. Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sad he gave up. Poor lil fella will be crying himself to sleep soon when he's unemployed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rejoice, friends! The Taliban has been defeated.
    ;)

    I honor those (you too, snad ;P) who went the extra mile to do what they could to help rid this community of the manifest misery that is David Davis.

    Now for Phase 2. Affectionately known as "Woe to Roe".

    :)

    ReplyDelete