It has been nearly a year since Shuck and Jive has been on the net. My first post was July 4th, but I really didn't get started until this one in August. Since then I have made a great number of internet friends. (You can see my blogroll of pals on the right, scroll way down).
The internet is a wild world. I love it. Just for fun, I thought I would introduce you to some of my loyal opposition. My favorites are five bloggers who make up "the consistory." I had to look up the word. Here is Wikipedia's definition. These are Presbyterian ministers--or close to it. Here are a few of their posts about Shuck and Jive.
1) Chris is a candidate for ministry in Holston presbytery, where I serve. He thinks I am such a big threat to Christendom that he tattled to my Executive Presbyter and posted the EP's response on his blog!
2) Toby from Texas takes on the world. He has fun with the phrase "the rotting body of Jesus."
3) Here is the guy from the Bayou.
4) Dave has just started to get into the act.
5) Will, who keeps his private life to himself, was one of the first. His blog appears to be off-line.
There are a few others, not in the consistory who deserve honorable mention:
1) Tom, who decided the PCUSA was not conservative enough for his church so he moved it out of the denomination.
2) Alan from Oregon.
3) And the one I am rooting for, Stushie from Knoxville.
I don't know what it takes to be in the consistory, but darn it, Stushie ought to be there. He has worked hard. What's the deal guys? Why isn't he in the club? I vote Stushie for the consistory. Do I hear an "Amen?"
Now guys, you know I love you. I am teasing. Lighthearted, eh?
I think (and I really mean this) that we all ought to get together, pop a couple of sarsaparillas, and talk about theology, the historical/critical method, and hey, the future of life on Earth (what we should really be talking about!)