I have received a couple of e-mails in response to the article regarding how as a minister I can say "It is OK to be gay" with what the Bible supposedly says. Here are a few links you may find helpful.
- More Light Presbyterians has a number of links regarding biblical interpretation.
- Rev. Mel White has a booklet you can download, What the Bible Says--And Doesn't Say--About Homosexuality.
- PFLAG has some resources including a pamphlet you can download, Faith in Our Families: Parents, Families and Friends Talk About Religion and Homosexuality.
- GayChurch also has a number of resources, including a listing of congregations that are welcoming and affirming to lgbtq people and straight allies.
- About.com has a listing of links to gay friendly organizations within various faith communities.
- A new film is worth watching, For the Bible Tells Me So. Screenings are being held all over the country. At some point, we will bring it to the Tri-Cities.
I am really thrilled about the positive response we have received about PFLAG Tri-Cities. It is pretty awesome having our article on the front page of the Sunday paper. Check out our