Shuck and Jive


Monday, November 24, 2008

Why Food Prices Are Rising


I grew up driving tractors on our farm in Montana. It can be a bit monotonous going around in a circle all day. I heard tell that some tried to brighten the experience with a mood altering substance on occasion.

This was generally not a good idea. These pictures (sent to me by my mother) show what can happen when you farm under the influence.




This guy won't be getting a bonus.









The funny thing about big empty fields is that lakes sneak up on you.






You can only perform this feat when you are stoned.













This one requires at least two bottles of Boone's Farm Peach and some mushrooms.


2 comments:

  1. True story.
    In Louisiana on a Sunday afternoon July 3. The television announces "It's 3 o'clock and 102 degrees."
    I think how glad I am to have such good air conditioning.
    A minute later, the phone rings.

    It's Rocky.

    "Hey man! I need some help. I got the tractor stuck in the pond. I need somebody to hook up Grandad's tractor to pull mine out."

    He's got to be kidding...

    There's no shade around the pond and the heat is unbelievable. It's beyond baking. We pull, and tug and grind and sweat and cuss, but no luck. And by 6 o'clock, Grandad's tractor, too, is in the pond.

    Hey. It happens.

    ReplyDelete