Shuck and Jive


Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Time to Vote for the Worst 80s Song!

The Nominations are closed and you have until Thursday evening to vote for the worst 80s song. Vote to the right of this blog. Here are the candidates. Vote for more than one if you wish! Be sure to watch the videos so you can be an informed voter!

  1. Lee Greenwood--God Bless the USA
  2. Toni Basil--Hey Mickey!
  3. Styx--Mr. Roboto
  4. Hall and Oates--I Can't Go for That
  5. Michael Jackson--Beat It
  6. Men Without Hats--Safety Dance
  7. Conway Twitty--Slow Hand
  8. Wang Chung--Everybody Have Fun Tonight
  9. Various--We Are the World
  10. Night Ranger--Sister Christian
  11. Billy Squier--The Stroke
  12. Winger--Seventeen

4 comments:

  1. I'm stickin' with the Safety Dance. It traumatized me. Most everything on MTV traumatized me.

    Though 'We Are The World' did turn my stomach once or twice now that I think about.
    See? I just thought about it and I'm becoming ill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, remember when MTV used to show music videos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Beat it"-The only thing worse was the video!!

    Jim S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Risin' Up!!! Eye of the Tiger by that Canadian gang of posers, Survivor, was pretty annoying after the umpteenth airplay

    ReplyDelete