Engraving by Albrecht Durer, "The Four Witches"
Here is a classic:
"Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?"
Question: Why do witches ride brooms?
Answer: Witches ride brooms because Nature abhors a vacuum.
True enough. And there are more reasons yet (from asking Jeeves on the internet):
1) To sweep away psychic dirt.
2) To bring a good harvest.
3) To get high. (An adult answer)
Question: Why don't witches ride their brooms when they are angry?
Answer: Because they are afraid they will fly off the handle.
Plus thirteen facts about witches from Witches Way:
- Witchcraft (Wicca) is a federally recognized religion.
- Witches DON'T believe in a devil of any kind.
- Witches believe in a God and Goddess.
- Witches are intelligent, community-conscious, thoughtful men and women.
- Witches don't fly on brooms!
- Witches are not dark, ugly people!
- A spell is simply a ritualized prayer.
- Witches believe in the Law of 3, which is anything you do comes back to you. Good or bad.
- Witches are made, not born. (Some exceptions here)
- Witchcraft is a way of life as well as a religion.
- You have probably met a witch and didn't know it.
- Most of what you know about witchcraft is probably wrong.
- Witches are healers.
Contrary to what those who choose to persecute or lie about us wish to believe, Wicca is a very peaceful, harmonious and balanced way of thinking and life which promotes oneness with the divine and all which exists. (Read More)So be nice to a witch this Halloween!