Shuck and Jive


Friday, November 09, 2007

My Letter in the Johnson City Press

I was surprised to find a letter of mine in today's Johnson City Press. On today's opinion page are letters from Mike Garrett of Concerned Tennessee Citizens and me. Mike and I wrote these letters over a month ago regarding the peace rally in which we participated, September 22nd in Johnson City. Better late than never.

A couple of changes to the letter I wrote. Our Creating a Culture of Peace workshop will be held March 7, 8, and 9. And the website for our congregation is www.1stpres-eliz.org

This will be a workshop led by Amy Stapleton and Tim Pluta (who spoke at the recent rally in Jonesborough) to give people training in non-violent methods for personal and social change.

Right now, I am looking for sponsors, other churches or organizations to help underwrite the costs. For $100 your church/organization will get their names on any advertising and publicity and get a spot at the conference to present brochures, etc.

Get in on the ground floor for a big peace event in East Tennessee!

Send me an e-mail if you are interested or wish for more information at johnashuck@embarqmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment