Shuck and Jive


Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Wineskins Theme Song

In the spirit of Jesus making fun of the righteous with this little ditty:

They are like children sitting in the market-place and calling to one another,
“We played the flute for you, and you
did not dance;
we wailed, and you did not weep.”
Here is a song for the Wineskins based on these lyrics from Tom Paxton. You can get the tune here.


Chorus:

A new skin of wine, fruit of the vine

When you gonna let me beat my drum?

Leave me alone, let me go home

I wanna run my very own fiefdom.


Verse 1:

Ramblin' around Sacramento town,
Cryin' 'bout Louisville's crimes.

Lib'rals are tough they ain't got enough

Of the judgin' Jesus on their minds.

Repeat Chorus


Verse 2:

My little church, lost in the lurch

Follows me wherever I shine.

You are too gay! P-C-U-S-A!

So let's stitch up a new skin for wine.


Repeat Chorus


Verse 3:

Pain in my head, heretics in my bed

Call me Moses that'll be fine.
I've got my people, and I want the steeple

To be filled with the EPC wine.


Repeat Chorus


Verse 4:

A teacher will teach, a preacher must preach

That old fundamentalist line.

It sounds kinda odd, but I know that God

Is only in my new skin of wine.


Repeat Chorus



No comments:

Post a Comment