Shuck and Jive


Monday, October 27, 2008

But This Is Serious


Feds Disrupt Skinhead Plot To Assassinate Obama


WASHINGTON – Two white supremacists allegedly plotted to go on a national killing spree, shooting and decapitating black people and ultimately targeting Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama, federal authorities said Monday.

In all, the two men whom officials describe as neo-Nazi skinheads planned to kill 88 people — 14 by beheading, according to documents unsealed in U.S. District Court in Jackson, Tenn. The numbers 88 and 14 are symbolic in the white supremacist community.

The spree, which initially targeted an unidentified predominantly African-American school, was to end with the two men driving toward Obama, "shooting at him from the windows," the court documents show.

"Both individuals stated they would dress in all white tuxedos and wear top hats during the assassination attempt," the court complaint states. "Both individuals further stated they knew they would and were willing to die during this attempt."

"The past is not dead. In fact, it's not even past."

William Faulkner



5 comments:

  1. The quote is so true. I didn't know how true until I moved to Memphis. I overheard a comment in the narthex of the church about Obama being the anti-Christ. I wasn't a part of the conversation and hope I misunderstood, and I am too scared to ask whether the speaker was serious. (The speaker was repeating a comment from someone who said she was voting for Obama even though he might be the antiChrist and the speaker I overheard said that she had told the woman that she should be careful because he may be the antiChrist.) Yea, I'm chicken.

    And BTW, I graduated in 2003. Blessings on your journey in Tennessee. It's a hoot, ain't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were planning on wearing white tuxedos and top hats while committing these murders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubt they would have every gotten close to Obama. What really concerns me was their plan to kill 88 black high school students first. Again, they probably wouldn't have gotten that far, either, but, as one office said, "Even if they were to try it, it would have been a trail of tears around the South".

    We have so much work to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all.

    Hey Joan. My colleague who served with me at my previous congregation, Jay Wallace, graduated from SFTS around then. Know him?

    ReplyDelete