Shuck and Jive


Friday, July 13, 2007

Improper Presbyterians

John Dominic Crossan said something to this effect:

I would be glad to give the Pope the gift of infallibility.

If he would only respond with the gift of accuracy!

The stated clerk of the PCUSA responded to the Pope's declaration. Apparently, the stated clerk took offense that the Vatican doesn't think Protestant churches are "churches in the proper sense."

No skin off my nose. I would rather be a church in an improper sense any day.

5 comments:

  1. For once we agree, John...

    You've just been blogachuted on Heaven's Highway. This week's jump in is the Progressosphere.

    www.glenkirk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here I thought Cliffie was miffed because he, too, wasn't recognized as infallible ex auspice constitutionariƍ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Stushie,

    That wasn't a bad review. Glad you put me first!
    j

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I would be glad to give the Pope the gift of infallibility.

    If he would only respond with the gift of accuracy!" (Crossan)

    Now that's an awesome saying - lol

    If the Catholic church is the 'thee church' they have a very bad way of showing this (namely in the last few years with countless numbers of sexual abuse cases - that the church tried to cover - heck they even tried to cover for 2 nuns/sisters in the Rwanda genocide who helped in it). So yeah Crossan hits on right on the head - accuracy people.

    No sweat to me either about my faith - I think the church as an institution is bigger than the Catholic churches anyways.

    ReplyDelete